Review: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters
I have come to the conclusion that I am possibly THE LAST PERSON EVER to pick these “new” products up! :p
I mentioned in a post long ago that I cannot do as many makeup reviews as in the past because I’m trying my best with self control not to purchase any more new makeup for as long as I can! I’ve been very much out of the new makeup products loop (which I’m not saying is a bad thing though).
These Lip Butters have blown up all over the beauty world with their amazing quality. A random stroll to Rite Aid this past weekend led me to wander into the cosmetics aisle…which then led my eyes to the “buy one get 50% off” sign…which then led me to purchase two of these….
: ( I caved, I know. But no regrets for wonderful, new, exciting products :o) !
Packaging is similar to their Colorburst collection with crisscrossed, sophisticated caps. Their packaging is the same color as the product inside.
Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in “Sweet Tart” - a pretty pink shade.
Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in “Tutti Frutti” - a jelly bean colored orange.
- These products are super smooth and glide like silk onto the lips!
- Pretty pigmented! Can be sheer if dabbed, or if you use one swipe. Color intensity can be built up with multiple layers.
- These two colors are flat (they contain no shimmer), but some colors in this line have glittery shimmers.
- It’s not overly shiny, but there is some shine to this.
- Is moisturizing (to a certain extent) and is lightweight feeling.
- Lasts for quite a long time. When the shine leaves, a stain is left behind :-)
Revlon’s Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in “Pink Pop” is the same shade as “Sweet Tart”
I’m definitely interested in the nude shades in this line! And some Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadows I have my eyes on…but self control, yes? ; )